We started in the 1980's
Scarborough Capital Management was founded on the belief that everyone deserves access to high quality financial advice.
In the late 1980’s, many financial firms were focused on serving the wealthy. Scarborough set out to provide something different. We wanted to offer a service that was practical for everyone, not just a small percentage of the population. So we introduced 401(k), 403(b) and Thrift Savings Plan management services to American workers in the heartland.
Soon after, we broadened our scope to offer comprehensive financial planning, so we could help clients simplify their entire financial lives.
Our evolution didn’t stop there. Several years later, we saw that our clients were busy and often didn’t have time to drive to our offices for meetings. So we were one of the first firms to offer “virtual” advisory services. This allowed us to begin serving people from coast to coast.
Fast forward to the present day…while we’ve expanded, we’ve remained a close-knit team of professional advisors with a lot of shared history. Everyone on our team shares a passion for providing practical advice so you have the best chance of reaching your goals.
Most importantly, we have adhered to our founding beliefs:
- Financial advice must be practical. We act more like a financial coach instead of old-fashioned “stock broker”. There’s nothing we love more than helping you map out all of your financial goals….then helping you work toward them one by one!
- Getting advice must be convenient. You’re busy, so we interact with you whichever way you prefer: in person, or by email, phone and online conference.
Thirty years later, we now oversee more than $1 billion in assets. We’re incredibly honored to serve as a trusted partner for so many individuals and families.
Our philosophy is simple: Protect First. Grow second.
Too many people swing for the fences and sabotage their own financial progress and end up living a life of financial stress.
At Scarborough Capital Management, we’re committed to being that protection against aggressive risk-taking and other potential mistakes. Through careful risk management and honest and data-driven conversations, our team strives to keep you on track for a more secure financial future.
Our Personal Commitment to You:
- Ask you specifically what you want out of life, and listen.
- Take your age, circumstances, and responsibilities into consideration, always.
- Analyze the resources at your disposal.
- Create a plan showing you how to use those resources effectively to achieve your goals.
- Help you stay on track with your plan, so you can create the future you want.