Contact Gregory Ostrowski
Gregory Ostrowski CFP®, CRPC®, BFA™
What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from your clients?
Do what you love. We have the distinct privilege of working with business people and entrepreneurs from all walks of life. America has seen boom and bust, but it never ceases to inspire me when my clients turn adversity into victory and their passion into a thriving business.
Can you share a favorite kernel of wisdom for those just starting to invest and save?
Save early, save often—no matter what your age or net worth. I’ve taken a particular interest in helping millennials get started on the right foot. I want to help clients establish savings habits early and prioritize goals—whether it’s reducing credit card debt, dealing with student loans or salary negotiation at a first job.
What professional accomplishments make you most proud?
Four out of five of our partners started at Scarborough as interns in the late 90s. My partners and I have been through market ups and downs and shown tremendous staying power in this industry. I’m proud to be in business with such a great crew.
How do you give back to the community?
I’m a board member of Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation’s Building Traditions Society and a board member for St. Mary’s Schools Alumni Association.
What are your personal interests and passions?
Family, making ideas happen, cycling, wakeboarding and Orioles baseball
Education & Designations:
- Villanova University, BS, Finance and International Business
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANNING COUNSELOR℠
- Behavioral Financial Advisor™
Registration & Licenses:
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 Registrations
- Life and Health Insurance Licensed
- Voted “Best Financial Advisor,” The Capital Newspaper (2012-2015)
- Named as a “Five Star Financial Professional” in Baltimore Magazine (2013, 2014, 2016-2021)*
- Named to “Top 40 Under 40” by Rep Magazine (2013)
- Annapolis’ Finest Honoree from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (2014)
- Member, Forbes Finance Council (2016-2020)
- Dave Ramsey SmartVestor Pro
- IFG Elite Advisor (2018-2020)
- Voted “Recommended Financial Planner” in Chesapeake Family Life magazine (2019)
* The Five Star Wealth Manager award, administered by Crescendo Business Services, LLC (dba Five Star Professional), is based on 10 objective criteria. Eligibility criteria – required: 1. Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative; 2. Actively licensed as a registered investment adviser or as a principal of a registered investment adviser firm for a minimum of 5 years; 3. Favorable regulatory and complaint history review (As defined by Five Star Professional, the wealth manager has not; A. Been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine; B. Had more than a total of three settled or pending complaints filed against them and/or a total of five settled, pending, dismissed or denied complaints with any regulatory authority or Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process. Unfavorable feedback may have been discovered through a check of complaints registered with a regulatory authority or complaints registered through Five Star Professional’s consumer complaint process; feedback may not be representative of any one client’s experience; C. Individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint; D. Filed for personal bankruptcy within the past 11 years; E. Been terminated from a financial services firm within the past 11 years; F. Been convicted of a felony); 4. Fulfilled their firm review based on internal standards; 5. Accepting new clients. Evaluation criteria – considered: 6. One-year client retention rate; 7. Five-year client retention rate; 8. Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered; 9. Number of client households served; 10. Education and professional designations. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star Wealth Managers. Award does not evaluate quality of services provided to clients. Once awarded, wealth managers may purchase additional profile ad space or promotional products. The Five Star award is not indicative of the wealth manager’s future performance. Wealth managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore may not manage their client’s assets. The inclusion of a wealth manager on the Five Star Wealth Manager list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or this publication. Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future. For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to fivestarprofessional.com. 2,029 Baltimore-area wealth managers were considered for the award; 237 (12% of candidates) were named 2021 Five Star Wealth Managers. 2020: 1,898 considered, 234 winners; 2019: 1,865 considered, 265 winners; 2018: 1,759 considered, 232 winners; 2017: 1,093 considered, 355 winners; 2016: 1,215 considered, 356 winners; 2015: 1,749 considered, 412 winners; 2014: 1,484 considered, 395 winners; 2013: 1,490 considered, 448 winners; 2012: 1,470 considered, 262 winners.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.